Manhattan Magician: Mystic of the Mind
There are those who claim he is an authentic oracle. But he says he isn’t supernatural but is merely an entertainer. Experience his show and then you decide!
Magic or Marketing?
Manhattan Magician: Mystic of the Mind, whose day job is doing websites and marketing, does not claim to have any otherworldly abilities. But instead he describes himself as a performing artist or practitioner of Mentalism Magic. The word “Magic” of the term “Mentalism Magic” refers to conjuring and magic tricks performed by Mystic of the Mind who incessantly emphasizes he isn’t an actual cosmic soothsayer but rather an illusionist entertainer.
Entertainment experiments that are explored live and alphabetically by Manhattan Magician include Astral Projection, Clairvoyance, Cold Reading, Divination, Energy Healing, ESP, Hypnotism, Mediumship, Mind Control, Mind Reading, Precognition, Psionics, Psychic Powers, Psychometry, Pyrokinesis, Remote Viewing, Spiritualism, Telekinesis, Telepathy and X-Ray Vision. Clearly he has something…in mind!
Illusion or Real?
Coming up these feats of Mentalism Magic will be performed by Manhattan Magician, who despite making it known he is just a prestidigitator and not a clairvoyant still has followers who believe that he possesses mysterious powers from the other side. As this mental magic act unfolds, ask yourself, “Are the effects performed illusion or real?” You decide! And now, a warm welcome please, for the man who is going to fill us in on the meaning behind the terms – Manhattan Magician: Mystic of the Mind!
- Astral Projection Astral projection is a term used in esotericism to describe a willful out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of a soul or consciousness called an “astral body” that is separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it throughout the universe.
- Clairvoyance Clairvoyance is the alleged ability to gain information about an object, person, location, or physical event through extrasensory perception. Any person who is claimed to have such ability is said accordingly to be a clairvoyant.
- Cold Reading Cold reading is a set of techniques used by mentalists, psychics, fortune-tellers, mediums, illusionists, and scam artists to imply that the reader knows much more about the person than the reader actually does.
- Divination Divination is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultist, standardized process or ritual.
- Energy Healing Energy Healing is also known as energy medicine, energy therapy, vibration medicine, psychic healing, spiritual medicine or spiritual healing which are all branches of alternative medicine based on a pseudo-scientific belief that healers can channel healing energy into a patient and effect positive results.
- ESP ESP or Extra Sensory Perception, also called sixth sense, includes claimed reception of information not gained through the recognized physical senses, but sensed with the mind.
- Hypnotism Hypnostism is a human condition involving focused attention, reduced peripheral awareness, and an enhanced capacity to respond to suggestion. The term may also refer to an art, skill, or act of inducing hypnosis.
- Mediumship Mediumship is the practice of purportedly mediating communication between spirits of the dead and living human beings. Practitioners are known as “mediums.” There are different types of mediumship, including spirit channeling.
- Mind Control Mind Control is a kind of brainwashing in tandem with the concept that the human mind can be altered or controlled by certain psychological or cosmic techniques.
- Mind Reading Mind reading in parapsychology is the transfer of information between individuals by means other than the five senses. The illusion of telepathy in the performing art of mentalism. Thought identification, the use of neuroimaging techniques to read human minds.
- Precognition Precognition, also called prescience, future vision, future sight is a claimed psychic ability to see events in the future. As with other forms of extrasensory perception, there is no accepted scientific evidence that precognition is a real phenomenon and it is widely considered to be pseudoscience.
- Psionics Psionics is the study of paranormal phenomena in relation to the application of electronics. The term comes from psi and the -onics from electronics. It is closely related to the field of radionics. There is no scientific evidence that psionic abilities exist.
- Psychic Powers Psychic Powers are believed by some to be had by psychics who are people who profess an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP) or are said by others to have such abilities.
- Psychometry Psychometry, also known as token-object reading is a form of extrasensory perception characterized by the claimed ability to make relevant associations from an object of unknown history by making physical contact with that object
- Pyrokinesis Pyrokinesis is the purported psychic ability allowing a person to create and control fire with the mind. There is no conclusive evidence that pyrokinesis is a real phenomenon.
- Remote Viewing Remote viewing is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target, purportedly using extrasensory perception or “sensing” with the mind. Remote viewing experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeat ability.
- Spiritualism Spiritualism is a movement based on the belief that the spirits of the dead exist and have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. The afterlife, or the “spirit world”, is seen by spiritualists, not as a static place, but as one in which spirits continue to evolve.
- Telekinisis Telekinesis or Psychokinesis, is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to move objects without touching them as well as influence a physical system without physical interaction. Psychokinesis experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability.
- Telepathy Telepathy is the purported vicarious transmission of information from one person to another without using any known human sensory channels or physical interaction.
- X-Ray Vision X-Ray Vision has little to do with the actual effect of X-rays. Instead, it is usually presented as the ability to selectively see through certain objects as though they are invisible or translucent in order to see objects or surfaces.